Who is Matt and what is this all about?

Hi to anyone interested in reading :)

I'm Matt (obviously), and I've got a big interest in electronics and computing, among other interests.

Over the years, I've gained a lot of knowledge and am told I'm good at explaining things, so I decided to make a channel on youtube dedicated to explaining how the innards of a computer work while actually building a processor. This blog is intended to hold companion articles and images to go with the videos. I'm beginning with the most basic of electronics and going on to use discrete components to make logic gates. Once those gates are shown, I'll be using the gates to build the basic circuits (such as latches, flipflops etc) which are required within a processor to do the various jobs required. I know there are already channels doing this, but I'm doing this both because I can and to prove to myself that I can do it successfully.

If you've got an interest in electronics, digital logic or the innards of a microprocessor, I'd love to have you along as I build things.


























Comments